Megan’s Rainbow: An LGBTQ Group for Teens
The mission of Megan’s Rainbow is to provide a safe space for LGBTQ teens to interact with peers, share coping skills, and enhance their understanding of self and others. Our goal is to foster resiliency and healthy choices within the individual while promoting unity within our community.
This is a free group that meets at Brentwood Christian Church for teens 14-17 years-old. Participants must have parent/guardian permission.
When: 1st and 3rd Tuesday of every month
Time: 7:30-9:00 p.m.
Through a variety of therapeutic and expressive arts activities, group participants are offered an opportunity to do the following:
- develop healthy coping mechanisms
- develop interpersonal and group process skills
- develop effective communication skills
- develop and express thoughts and feelings through writing and journaling
- develop an awareness and gain insights into interactions between self and others
- develop improved self-awareness and self-acceptance
Reasons for the overwhelming…
View original post 469 more words